Director of Content, Channels and Functional Excellence
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Group Communications team. You will be responsible for Content, Channels and Functional Excellence offering the opportunity to create powerful content that increases internal engagement and supports the ISS strategy, culture and values.
Location: Remote / Flexible within Europe
Application deadline: 30 September 2021
This is a senior role within the Group Communications team with responsibility for Content, Channels and Functional Excellence offering the opportunity to create powerful content that drives internal and external engagement and supports the ISS strategy, culture, and values. This is a new role managing a small team and is an exciting opportunity to shape and drive innovation and change. The role reports directly to the Vice President, Group Communications.
- Develop the content strategy and governance framework in alignment with external communications
- Lead the editorial management and master editorial content calendar working closely with Country, Regional, Global Key Account Communication leads and Group Business Partnering.
- Manage and develop global content creation across channels such as intranet, Yammer, employee app, video, podcasts, social content, publications etc
- Write and edit leadership messages around company-wide projects, themes, reports and campaigns.
- Lead storytelling efforts across the company by partnering with business leaders to distil information into clear, concise, and engaging content
- Determine the priority messages and themes to be communicated consistently through internal communications, in partnership with other teams in Communications & Marketing
- Be responsible for the planning and execution of digital content to help deliver the ISS strategy
- Work with country and regional communicators to execute the plan
- Lead the planning and production of ISS content for our channels and help build capacity to create high quality, innovative and shareable content.
- Define high standard of writing around prioritised themes and messaging
- Create a structured dialogue and align senior stakeholders across ISS around the content strategy working closely with external communications
- Provide strategic direction, lead and coach the Communications Channel Manger as part of your team who will be responsible for the following areas:
- Develop channel strategy
- Channel management of existing internal digital platforms and delivering launch communications for new channels aligned to the new channel strategy
- Build employee advocacy through employee advocacy platform – launch and engage community across ISS to curate content
- Re-launch Yammer in the organisation with clear use cases and governance
- Manage the communications workstream of our new employee intranet platform
- Develop communication plans to promote the use of new Office 365 Workplace tools to drive engagement e.g. Yammer, Teams etc
- Publishing, distributing, and uploading content to channels as per communications plans
- Management and updating of the Communications Resource Centre (Sharepoint Online site) to leverage knowledge across the function
- Lead the reporting and tracking of metrics on impact and traction of communications content / campaigns
- Evaluate the impact of digital engagement activities (qualitative and quantitative), sharing lessons learned and using those insights to inform future work.
- Functional Excellence
Provide strategic direction, lead and coach the Communications Manger as part of your team who will be responsible for the following areas:
- Manage a global communicators network with countries with a regular cadence of meetings
- Promote and encourage capability development and training of communication teams across countries through a third-party platform (Kademy)
- Develop, monitor and report functional KPIs via a communications dashboard
- Creation and maintenance of internal & external communication guidelines, governance, and quality assurance processes
Knowledge, experience & capabilities:
- 10 to 15+ years of experience in Communication
- Degree in Communications or related discipline with fluent, native written and spoken English (essential)
- Experienced user of leading and digital communications technologies – intranet platforms, SharePoint Online, video platforms, internal social channels
- Deep digital communications experience
- Experience with international companies and working across a variety of geographic markets
- Ability to lead a team and provide strategic direction on multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional knowledge of multi-media storytelling
- Knowledge of communication best practices, models, and tech tools
- Highly creative with meticulous attention to detail
- Understanding and knowledge of the changing nature of digital channels and platforms
- At the forefront of innovation in corporate content creation
- Understanding of analytics and how to report and utilise them to drive more impactful results
- Project management and leadership of complex, global, cross-functional projects
- Partnering, coaching, and influencing skills
We offer you a challenging and exciting career in an ambitious working environment characterised by high pace and drive. ISS has an open and informal international culture founded on professionalism at all levels. The right person will have ample opportunity for personal and professional development and for building a large network of highly qualified colleagues and influential stakeholders.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please send your application through this link: Nicki.Allitt@group.issworld.com to apply, no later than 30 September 2021.
ISS is a leading workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property. ISS brings all of this to life through a unique combination of data, insight and service excellence at offices, factories, airports, hospitals and other locations across the globe. ISS has close to 400,000 employees around the globe, who we call “placemakers” and a Group revenue of DKK 73.5 billion ($11.7 billion).
We believe that people make places and places make people. From strategy through to operations, we partner with customers to deliver places that work, think and give. They choose us because we create, manage and maintain environments that make life easier, more productive and enjoyable.
People make places and places make people. We know that when we get things right, it enhances lives and makes the world work better – and that is what drives us.